Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Peaceful Silhouettes

This card was for yesterday's color challenge, which was to use Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand and Basic Black. I am so loving my new Tree Silhouettes set from Gina K. It is the free with 3 set until the next release.

I stamped each of the evergreen trees twice on Very Vanilla card stock, with black Stazon and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. Then I sponged Going Grey ink around the edges.

I backed that with a piece of Basic Black which I placed on a panel of Sahara Sand. The sentiment is from The Magic of Christmas. The whole phrase is "Peace on Earth," but I only wanted "Peace," so I just inked up that part. I added some horizontal score lines around the sentiment and mounted the whole thing on a Basic Black card base.

I hope you have a wonderful day!

14 comments:

Stampin_melissa said...

Dang girl, you NEVER cease to amaze me! I just LOVE this card!

Elena said...

Gorgeous card Theresa! Really love the soft look of the colors!

6 wacky women said...

Theresa, you are the queen of backgrounds!! I love this card.

Karen x

Catherine said...

Theresa, this is so gorgeous :)

Shy said...

WoW! Beautiful card!

Lee said...

Soooooo elegant!!!! I want to take lessons from you!!! I attempted, and it's not so horrible that I have to throw it in the trash.......but I soooo wanna be you when I grow up!!!! LOL

craftimamma said...

Absolutely gorgeous Theresa! I love winter trees - or trees anytime if it comes to that.

Cat Tidwell said...

I ditto what lee said! LOL! Gorgeous Theresa!

fishlips said...

The Magic Of Christmas...So so Stunning...Wow it really looks like the trees are in snow covered woods... so eye-catching...so Beautiful!!!!

Carolyn King said...

beautiful Theresa. Love this serene card! Stunning!

Phree said...

Fab card, so simple and so classy.

Julia Aston said...

The sponging on this is glorious Theresa! these colors work perfectly for this beautiful woods scene!!

Shirley said...

Wow, as usual, Theresa! Nothing says it like trees. The gift of life and peace too!

Deb Wood said...

I'm with Stampin Melissa!! This is so lovely!!