Monday, December 29, 2008

A Touch of Spring

Good morning and happy Monday! I made this card for yesterday's featured stamper challenge at SCS and Gina's Challenge Blitz Day 2, to knock some think off kilter on your card. Barb Schram is the featured stamper this week and you can find her gallery here. There were so many gorgeous cards to choose from. I chose this card to use for inspiration.

We were to change at least two things on our card. Here is what I changed...

Different stamps
Changed sentiment
Used different colors
Moved vertical panel to an angle

I used Tropical Flowers for the main image panel and stamped the flower stem with So Saffron and Pretty in Pink. Then I used my Copic markers to add some dimension to the flowers.

Using my Versa Mark pen, I went over each of the flowers and then heat embossed them with clear embossing powder.

Next I sponged the background and and added some stamped foliage from Tropical Flowers, with Certainly Celery ink.

I added Basic Black and Apricot Appeal layers behind the main image panel and then created a longer panels by sponging and layering with the same colors.

The butterflies are from Little Tees. I colored them with Copics and then cut them out.

The sentiment is from A Year of Flowers. I stamped it and then used my oval nestibilities to cut it out and then used my scallop ovals with make a Certainly Celery layer behind it.

I added a few dew drops and brads to finish it off.

Blog Candy Alert!!!


Have you been keeping an eye on Gina's blog? In addition to her challenges, she is have a huge blog candy year end celebration, so head on over and leave her a comment.

Also, Melanie is going to be starting a huge blogaversary celebration starting January 1st. So be sure to watch for that.


I hope you have a great day! Thanks for visiting!!!

10 comments:

Shirley said...

An abosolutely gorgeous card, Theresa! and I love those butterflies!

Sharri said...

Wow! Beautiful card Theresa! I love the colors!

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa. Love your coloring and the layout is amazing.

Take care
Karen

Cat Tidwell said...

Beautiful card Theresa! Love how you did the flowers! Fantastic colors too!

Elena said...

Love the dimension you created Theresa! Very beautiful! The butterflies are so delicate! Love this card so much!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

The butterflies just pop off the page, Theresa... like they are going to take off! Gorgeous colors as always!

Toni K said...

Gorgeous! Simply gorgeous!

fishlips said...

This card is so spring and makes me long for warmer weather again....Love the little gems and butterfly....so pretty!!!!!

Jami said...

Oooh....love those little butterflies. They must've taken forever to cut out!!
hugs, Jami

Deb Wood said...

Soooo very lovely, love the layout, the butterflies, everything!!