Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Daisy

I just got my new Memento markers a few days ago and this is my first project using them. I love my Copics and will still use them like crazy, but I really wanted these to do a few techniques that Copics aren't the greatest for, like thumping.

I also love to emboss my images with clear embossing powder, but the Versa Mark pen that I use a lot causes my Copics to smear a bit and the Memento seem hold up really well. I got the full set of 24 and really love the color assortment you get.

Here are the details of how I made this card...


I started by stamping my flower, from A Year of Flowers, on Pure Luxury white card stock, with black Stazon ink. Then I used the dandelion marker to color the petals, leaving a part of each petal white. I wasn't worried about staying in the lines, because I planned to cut out the image.

Next I went along the edges of the petals with Cantalope, then used my water pen to blend somewhat.

Added Tangelo along the edges and center lines, then blended again with my water pen.

Added a fine line of Lady Bug along the edges and center lines, blended with my water pen, then added some more in some areas for deep shadows.

For the center of the flower I used Desert Sand, Potters Clay and Rich Cocoa. Then I cut out the flower.

I stamped the petal and leaves with black Stazon and colored those with New Sprout and Bamboo Leave, then blended those with my water pen.

To complete the card, I cut the stem/leaves with an oval nestabilites die and embossed them with clear embossing powder. Then I sponged the background with So Saffron, Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery and Old Olive.

Layers are SU designer paper, Certainly Celery, Old Olive and Pure Luxury White. I used my Martha Stewart border punch on the white layer. The card base is Apricot Appeal.

A note to my email subscribers. I understand that there is a problem for some readers being able to click through from my posts, to my blog (thank you, Gail, for bringing this to my attention). For some reason, the URL of my blog is messed up in some emails, with an extra period in the address.

I notified Feedburner of this problem, but they haven't gotten back to me yet. I did subscribe myself to see if it would be messed up and it was fine, so the problem is intermittent. If this is a problem for you, you could try unsubscribing and re-subscribing, to see if perhaps that will take care of it. I am so sorry for those of you that this might effect. Hopefully, it will get sorted soon. Thanks for understanding.

Thanks for visiting. Have a great weekend!

14 comments:

Donna Baker said...

this is beautiful! tfs more about the markers!

Deb Neerman said...

LOVE it, Theresa!!! I really like how you set the main image off on an angle ... very kewl.

I hadn't heard about these new markers ... so whaddya, think? Are they worth investing in?

Hope you have a wonderful weekend, my friend!

~Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

WOW... it LOOKS REAL!

Great job!
Carol
www.kooglenotes.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I loved the step by step instructions!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I loved the step by step instructions!

Anonymous said...

Theresa, your coloring is outstanding!!! Love that flower :)

Patti J said...

Beautiful card! Uh-oh, do I have to tell DH that I'm going to have to buy new markers??? lol!!!

6 wacky women said...

So beautiful, Theresa.
Great tutorial!!

Karen x

Norine said...

just beautiful thanks for the tutorial
Hugs
Norine

Cat Tidwell said...

Well, you just could pick up a colored rock and color with it I think! LOL! AND make it gorgeous! Just like this is! LOVE the coloring on it and your layout of it, how the flower goes off the edge there.

And NO, didnt get an email from you, I even went and checked trash and spam folders, lol!

Lee said...

Ohhh how purty!!!! Okay, guess I do need to just order these markers too!!! LOL I'm so glad you shared step by step so I can practice in front of the computer!! LOL

Elena said...

Oh, Theresa, I love your coloring with these markers! Wow! You are so very talented! Thank you so much for the inspiration and sharing your excperience with us!

Shirley said...

Lovely lovely!! I really like how you did your tutorial to help people with colors too!

fishlips said...

Ok so I've missed your blog page and all your creations each and everyone never seems to stop amazing me with all the Fantastic colors and the details you add... Theresa the layers on this card are just lovely and so eye-catching!!!!!