Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Timeless Tulip

Oops, I forgot to post this morning. Sorry for the late post. I made this card for the Timeless Tuesday Flourishes challenge last week and Sunday's featured stamper challenge to case Kelly H. Wow, what a gorgeous gallery. I chose this card to case.

I changed...
colors
altered layout
added layers




The tulip, from Thank You Tulips, is colored with Copics and cut out. The top background is sponged lightly and covered with a piece of vellum that was dry embossed with my Swiss Dots CB folder.

The lower layer was sponged lightly and then dry embossed with my Perfectly Paisley CB folder.

Thanks for looking. Have a great day!

12 comments:

craftimamma said...

Hi Theresa

Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog.

Once again you've used two lovely colours that co-ordinate beautifully and that frilly tulip image is really something.

Lesley Xx

Cat Tidwell said...

Awesome! I love the purple with the yellow and your coloring is perfect on it!

Julia Aston said...

The colors are so Eastery on this! love that beautiful tulip and your super sponging of color Theresa!

Deb Neerman said...

Sooooo gorgeous Theresa!! I looks good enough to eat!

You rock. As usual.

~Hugs!!!

6 wacky women said...

Absolutley gorgeous, Theresa.
Your fabulous coloring and sponging brings your cards to life.
Stunning!!

Karen x

rozzyb said...

so beautiful
hugs rozzy xx

Patti J said...

What pretty soft colors! Beautiful sponging, and I love that you mixed your emobssing folders too!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautiful card! I love the idea to use the embossed velum over your sponged paper...WOW! :)

Deb Wood said...

Soooooo beautiful, love the colors and the lacey border!

Anne Harada said...

Gasp!! This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the color combo and all the texture. Lovely Easter card!!

Elena said...

The colors are so soft and gentle! And tulip is simply gorgeous!

Shirley said...

How beautiful and love the wonderful colors and embossing too!