Monday, April 6, 2009

Poppy Patch

Hello and happy Monday! Today I used a Flourishes set called Poppy Patch.

Here are a few details...

I started by stamping the leaves on a piece of Pure Luxury White cardstock, with Memento black ink. Then I stamped it again on scrap paper and cut it out to serve as a mask.

I wanted the stems on my flowers to curve differently than they do normally, so I put them on my acrylic block and arrange the stems the way I wanted them.

I stamped the flowers with the mask for the leaves in place, then removed the mask.

I used Copic markers, R20, R22, R24 and R27 to color the flowers. I started with the darkest, R27, at the base of the flower and then worked to the lightest in stages. After I blended, I went back in with R27 in the darkest areas.

I used YG03, YG93 and YG95 for the leaves and stems. Then I went over the images with my Versa Mark pen, and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

After embossing, I sponged So Saffron. The image panel was layered with Basic Black and Pure Luxury Ivory cardstock. The bottom of the ivory layer was punched with a Martha Stewart lace border punch from Michaels. The card base is Kiwi Kiss.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!

19 comments:

craftimamma said...

Yet another beautiful card Theresa. The colouring of your poppies is gorgeous and that bow is perfectly tied.

Lesley Xx

Lisa said...

Your card is so pretty, I love poppies. :)Lisa

Tracey said...

A gorgeous card Theresa! xx

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth S said...

Thanks for the tutorial. As always you do beautiful work.

Patti J. said...

Kudo's again on an absolutely beautiful card! What pretty, soft colors! And I love your use of the punch! Great job!

Anita said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for showing how you stamped the flowers.

Anita said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for showing how you stamped the flowers.

Deb Neerman said...

Fab-you-licious!! Love this stamp, the color combo, oh, everything! Lovely job coloring and your spongin' is perfection!

Rhonda Langley said...

Love the Kiwi Kiss as a base; makes the red poppies "pop." Your sponging is so wonderful-looks like you air brushed the background!

Anna (Siberian Stamper) said...

Stunning poppies!!! You do such beautiful work :)

Heather T said...

I love those poppy stamps and your colouring and design is beautiful.
I am really enjoying popping in to your blog.

fishlips said...

This poppy is totally Lovely and it looks as if you hand picked it ...what a perfect color!!!!

Sergei said...

Great card! Love the gold ribbon! love the coloring!

Julia Aston said...

Gosh - this is beautiful Theresa! thanks for sharing your coloring tips! I have got to sit down and practice that! the gold ribbon is super on this!

Elena said...

That is so beautiful, Theresa! I love your very tallented coloring! Your really brought those flowers to life!
And what a gorgeous ribbon you used!

6 wacky women said...

Fabulous card, Theresa.
Your coloring is just gorgeous.
So elegant!

Karen x

Cat Tidwell said...

OH soo gorgeous! Love the pop of that red of the flowers with this! Awesome Theresa!

Shirley said...

How lovely and such a pretty ribbon and trim to support those beautiful flowers!