Thursday, June 4, 2009

Rainbow Fish

It's Friday! Yay! I just love all the wonderful images in the new Eclectic Summer StampTV Kit. The fish reminds me of the little fish from the childrens story, Rainbow Fish. My daughter loved that book and I had to read it over and over (along with a few dozen others). That was my inspiration for this card.

Here are the details...

I used my Copics to color the fish (V04, B26, B24, B21, YG05, YG93, Y21, Y17, YR18 and my colorless blender).

After coloring, I added the air bubble with another stamp from the Eclectic Summer Kit. Then I went over both images with a Versa Mark pen, before heat embossing with clear.

I found the perfect seaweed stamp in Whimsical Autumn, LOL! I don't think this is what Cammie had in mind when she illustrated it, but it sure fits the bill. I wanted the coloring on the seaweed to be dappled, so I used the thumping technique, using Memento Markers, New Sprout, Pear Tart and Bamboo Leaves. I stamped it several times and then embossed the images with clear embossing powder.

After embossing, I sponged Bashful Blue ink over the entire paper.

Next I sponged Tempting Turqoise around the edges and working nearly to the center.

Next, I added Ballet Blue.

Finally, I sponged some Not Quite Navy, just around the edges.

Stamped the "seaweed" stamp several times, using Not Quite Navy ink. Then I did some very faint seaweed in the background by inking up with Tempting Turqoise and stamping off once on scratch paper before stamping on my card stock. I did that several times.

I added some layers of Pure Luxury White and Black Onyx and put it on a Tempting Turquoise card base.

Here is a peek at the inside. I used a piece of Lime Rickey DP from the STV Kit and and a sentiment also from the kit.

Thanks for visiting. Have yourself a great day!

14 comments:

Maya said...

Ohhh my!!
You have some real peaces of art here!!
So many beautiful creations and so gorgeous coloured!!
Hugs from Maya:)

Alex said...

Great card! And the fish is so cute!
Hugs, Alex

jami said...

I am seriously in love with this card!! You never cease to amaze me with you skillz!!!! Beautiful!!!!

Heather "Hev" said...

I seriously believe I have run out of words to describe how remarkable you are Theresa :)

Elena said...

This fish is very cute! And I like how you colored her!

Tina said...

Oh Theresa... he is so GORgus!!! Love the coloring you did on him! I nominated you for an award... see my blog... www.tinastampsup.blogspot.com!

craftimamma said...

I'm with Heather in that I have run out of words to describe my admiration for your work. You're exceptional!

Lesley Xx

Susan McRae said...

Love the colours in your fish card! Fantastic!

Shirley said...

How adorable! I love your fish and the tutorial too.

Selma said...

Theresa, I am with Heather. I have run out of words to tell you how beautiful all your work is. Your coloring on this fish is just fabulous.

Jennie said...

Theresa, this is just beautiful! I love your sponging and today actually created something Theresa-esque in my sponging technique. I love the way you created the whole sea scene! Gorgeous!

Becky said...

Theresa, this is adorable, I just love that fish :), and your coloring as always is fantastic.

Chelsea said...

gorgeous!!! I am sure it looks great and shiny since you embossed it!

Shirley said...

I am telling you again before I go sightseeing with my company, that he/she is just precious! and so pretty.