Sunday, October 18, 2009

Autumn Mist

Hello! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I went on a gorgeous nature walk at Whiskeytown Lake with my family and that is what inspired my card today. I used images from Happy Camper, Autumn Beauty and Winter Foliage (Gina K).

To start, I stamped both leaves from Autumn Beauty in a falling pattern on my paper.

Colored with Copic markers, starting with E37.

Added YR14.

Added YR12.

Filled in with Y23.

I colored the remaining leaves the same way and then used my Versa Pen to go over all the leaves so my embossing powder would stick. Then I heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

Next, I sponged with So Saffron ink (SU). I accidentally grabbed Summer Sun when I started. That is why it is so bright around a few of the leaves. Talk about a shock! I thought I had ruined the project, but I decided to keep going and managed to come up with a decent card.

Next, I sponged Vivid Tuscan Tan.

Sponged Vivid Taupe.

Sponged Vivid Coffee Bean.

Stamped the tree portion of the mountain scene stamp from Happy Camper, using Coffee Bean ink.

Used E57 and E33 Copic markers to add some shadows and ripples to the water.

Stamped the pine branch from Winter Foliage to look like grass around the bottom, using Coffee Bean ink.

Used a white gel pen to add some highlights.

Layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx, Sweet Corn and a Chocolate Kiss card base.

That's the end of the stamping portion of my post. If you want to see a few nature photos, read on...

Here is one of the falls we saw on our walk today. That's my daughter off to the side.

Here is a little creek trail we walked along.

More falls.

My husband took this photo while on a hike he took the other day. I thought it was cool.

Thanks for visiting me today. I'll be back tomorrow for a Gina K blog hop featuring Special Delivery, the debut stamp set by Tami Mayberry.

Have a great day!

29 comments:

Christi said...

Wow!!! Your card is so amazingly gorgeous, Theresa!!! What a stunning fall scene you created! I LOVE it! The pictures from your nature walk are beautiful too! It looks like it was a fun day!

JenMarie said...

Breathtaking!!!

6 wacky women said...

Wow, Theresa
You have created a beautiful piece of art!!

Karen x

Payne Holler Cards said...

this is so beautiful! I'm going to try it for my Dad...the hiking pictures are so wonderful! can see more inspirations for stamps!

NinaB said...

Oh, how beautiful is this! It looks so real. I love it, Theresa.

Allison Rankin said...

You're killing me...seriously!

Mari said...

This is AMAZING! So moody looking - sort of like the way Estes looks around this time of year.
Fabulous!

Alex said...

WOW - perfect card!
hugs, Alex

craftieodmae said...

what a beautiful card!!! Love the pictures also, are those lady bugs?

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Your card is that moment when everything is still and you can hear that crisp leave touch the others that have fallen before it! Just perfect, Theresa! How lucky are you to be able to walk in one of those special places!

Chelsea said...

gorgeous! All your details are wonderful!

Marimer said...

Bellísimas las imagenes de ese lugar y fantástica tu versión del mismo, es realmente super creativo y el tutorial genial como siempre. Bss

Gulffire said...

This is so lovely! And I so much appreciate your detailed coloring and stamping techniques. Some of us are creatively challenged but can follow directions marvelously!!You are so generous.

Giovana said...

Your card is amazing!! Love it very much. Thanks so much for all the wonderful tutorials.
God bless
Giovana

StampinSher said...

I love the idea of using partial images of the stamp to make a project besides combining stamp set. This card is fantastic, the leaves just pop-out to make it real!
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing all of your fantastic techniques it is very helpful.

Beth S said...

Hi Theresa. Beautiful card and another great tutorial. I love seeing what you come up with.

Lori said...

Stunning! Your photos are beautiful as well!

Kay S said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa! Your coloring and the composition are just beautiful! I really enjoyed your fall hike photos as well! Thanks for sharing those with us!

Tina said...

Theresa... this is truly spectacular!!!!! You rock,sistah!!!!

Jan Castle said...

How exciting....while on a county drive a few years ago, we saw a mass of reddish orange and stopped to see what it was, as the trees had not started to turn...nearby a creek, all the nearby trees were solidly covered - body to body - with ladybugs! Orange with black spots, red with black spots, black with orange spots, some yellow spotted...I mean to tell you I was sick as I did not have my camera! It was an awesome sight!
Jan Castle

Charlene said...

Oh Theresa, this card is just beautiful!

Melanie said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!

dee marie said...

Theresa, Another breathtaking scene! This reminds me of my parent's house - there is a lake in their back yard and this autumn scene is as perfect as me looking out their back window this time of year :) This is gorgeous! ~dee marie

Gloria Westerman said...

Theresa, Thank you for giving us instruction on how you made this card. I want those markers and stamp's.
The good lord has giving you such a wonderful talent and a kind heart.
Thank you for sharing this with all of us.

Elena said...

What a wonderful nature scene!
Wow! Beautiful pictures from your hike walk!

Scrapacat said...

I absolutely relish this card and technique. Thanks so much for your tutorials - you're TOPS!!
~ky

Anonymous said...

Autumn Mist is such a gorgeous card and thanks for sharing your techniques!
Joan

Rosella said...

Oh my goodness! You absolutely took my breath away with this card! It is STUNNING!! And thank you so much for giving a step by step tutorial, then I will probably be able to try something like this too!!

Donna Polley said...

Wow! I love the sponging and the way it give depth to the card.
What talent!
Thank you for sharing.
Donna