Saturday, April 3, 2010

Golden Daffodils

Hiya stampers! Can you believe Easter weekend is here? This year seems to be flying by. I played along with the Color Throwdown challenge blog for the first time this week. On my card today, I used both daffodil images from Sending Sunshine.

For the larger panel, I stamped with Memento London Fog, then colored with Copics, keeping the colors a bit more subdued than on the smaller image.After coloring, I cut the image with my rectangle Nestabilities, then sponged Memento Cantaloupe and Desert Sand inks, while still in the die. I stamped the smaller image with Memento Tuxedo Black and also colored it with Copics. The pattern paper is from the Basic Grey Origins collection. The card base is Pure Luxury Sweet Corn and the dark layers are Pure Luxury Chocolate Brown.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and a very happy Easter!

11 comments:

Becky said...

This is gorgeous!! Love how these flowers come in 2 sizes.

Lori said...

Looks great, so happy! Pretty ribbon and bow. Have a blessed Easter, Theresa. Hugs, Lori

jjcreations said...

Beautiful card Theresa - I love the two different styles of flowers.

jean wilson@jlt03@comcast.net said...

Hi Theresa! Beautiful card and Happy Easter to you too! We are out here in Ca. visiting our 2 youngest grandchildren.

Kristie W. said...

Gorgeous, I just love daffodils :)

slbt17 said...

beautiful card!

Happy Easter to you too.
Sandra

JaniceAileen said...

Amazingly beautiful!

Glenda said...

Lovely card! Beautiful use of color!

Maria L. (Canada) said...

Happy Easter to all!
Lovely lovely card !
I am not into copics yet, but everytime I see your work, I just want to run and buy them ... I wouldn't know where to buy them though Michael's doesn't carry them nither the scrapbooking place I go to.

Barbara said...

This is just stunning! Thanks so much for playing the Throwdown!

doreen said...

a beyutiful card, love the flower.

greetz doreen