Friday, June 11, 2010

Enjoy Your Day!

Good morning and happy Friday! Here is another Hope Grows card I made a few weeks ago during the GKD release.

I started by cutting a mask from scratch paper, using my rectangle Nestabilities, then adhered it to my card base, using re-positionable tape. I sponged lightly over the entire area with Memento Lulu Lavender.

Then I sponged Memento Grape Jelly.

Stamped the branch, from Hope Grows, with Memento Paris Dusk.

For the dove, I added some shading with my C3 Copic marker.

Used C1 to blend out a bit, then cut out the image. .

The sentiment was cut out with Nestabilities and sponged with Lulu Lavender ink. I used Pure Luxury Vibrant Purple for a scallop layer behind the sentiment and a small scrap of Vibrant Purple to the right side to balance the sentiment.

The dove was attached using Pop Dots.

Thanks for dropping by. Have a fantastic day!

7 comments:

Glenda said...

Well I'm certainly never disappointed when I visit your blog. Another stunning use of color! Great job!

CFLanger said...

Gorgeous as always! What a beautiful bird stamp!

Unknown said...

WOW nicely done! Love the verse

JaniceAileen said...

Theresa, this is another beautiful creation. I really love how you can make the simplest card looking so elegant and beautiful!

Becky said...

This is beautiful , I must try this :)

Lori said...

Very lovely, colors. Peaceful.

Melanie said...

love that strip of purple, what an excellent touch to a beautiul card!