Saturday, July 31, 2010

Organic Silhouette

Happy Saturday! I hope you are having a great weekend. I dug out a few of my favorite SU sets, Organic Grace and Pocket Silhouettes, to make this card. I accidentally deleted the step by step photos (oops!), but I'll give you a quick run down of what I did.

I sponged the background, starting with Memento Cantaloupe in the center. Then sponged Angel Pink, followed by Summer Sky and finally Danube Blue. The silhouette was stamped several times with Garden Green and the dragonflies were colored with Copics.

Since I don't have a bunch of step by step photos to share with you today, I'll post some pics taken during our kayaking trip on Friday.

We went up Baum Lake, near my mom's house and kayaked with my step dad, Glenn. There were tons of noisy Canada Geese up there.

There were several of these nesting platforms. I think all the goslings have left their nests by now, so this one must have just been resting there.

As we approached a bend in the river/lake I snapped this photo of Glenn, just to the right.

Then I took this photo looking straight ahead. Check out that cool snag in the water.


And here is a close up of that snag after we got closer. It was covered with tons of turtles. Several had already been startled off the log before I got my camera back out.

We saw a bunch of white pelicans, too. After kayaking, we went back to my mom's and had lunch and a good visit. Thanks for letting me share. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

10 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Pretty card, Theresa! Looks like you had fun! Can we expect a turtle and a pelican in your next set? Hee, Hee!

Becky said...

Beautiful card and lovely pictures..Thanks for sharing.

Created By You said...

Beautiful Card, love the images and coloring!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Stunningly beautiful creation Theresa, and your photographs remind me of many summers at the family pond. Such a relaxing and serene setting.

Selma said...

Your card is beautiful Theresa and I LOVE seeing your pictures. They are amazing. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Shawna said...

Gorgeous pictures of my backyard Theresa --- I used to live in Cassel (Burney now) and do a lot of kayaking. Thanks for sharing your fantastic pics. How about some pelicans and kayaks in your next set? :-)

sandyh said...

since i get your postings in my email, i don't usually comment (only in my head).
but i had to today. i love the card, especially the dragonflies.
and the picture of the turtles was so great!
tfs, sandyh

Patti J said...

Looks like a fun and restful day! And lunch with mom sounds delightful!!! Your photos are as pretty as your cards! Beautiful work, my friend!

Serene Designs said...

Hi Theresa, Gorgeous cards as always. Very serene colours. Your photos are great. I have never seen turtles on a snag before like that. Looks like you had a very relaxing weekend. Thankyou as always for sharing your great artistic talents. Have A Great Week. Bye for now Maria

Betty Neville said...

Your card is gorgeous Theresa, as are your photos. You can certainly add photography to your many talents! Looks like a lovely and serene lake.