Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fall Trees

Hello! I have another Farm Life card to share with you today. This is another I created for the last release party and am just getting around to posting here.

After stamping the image, I colored with Copics, starting with Y21 in the leafy part of the tree.

Added shading with YR14.

Deepened the shading with E39.

I pushed in some highlights with my blender pen, then did the foliage on the two distant trees. I colored them the same way, except I did not add the E39. Since objects that are more distant appear lighter in color, I wanted to keep those two trees a bit lighter.

For the trunk and branches, I started with E49.

Added E59.

Filled in with E57, then used my blender pen to push in some highlights.

I used sticky notes to mask of the top of the paper and sponged Memento New Sprout on the bottom. Then sponged a bit of Memento Bamboo Leaves around the edges.

I moved the make a little higher and sponged some Memento New Sprout, for some more distant hills.

I removed that mask, then stamped the trees on scratch paper and cut them out. I used re-positionable tape and adhered them over the trees on my image, then sponged Memento Summer Sky.

Sponged Memento Danube Blue.

I used E37 to color the fence posts and YG93 to add some tufts of grass around the tree trunks and fence posts.

Added a little more shading with YG91.

I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx cardstock and Kraft, then used a Fresh Asparagus card base. The sentiment, also from Farm Life, is popped up with Pop Dots.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a happy day!

9 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

Theresa just beautiful, love the this stamp set!

Banu said...

WOW Stunning card. Loved the design and as always thanks soo much for the tutorial on coloring and sponging. I really like how you do these. This stamp set is just amazing.

Lorraine said...

Such a gorgeous scene and stunning card! Love it! I can't wait until this set arrives in the mail!

Melanie said...

you did a beautiful job on the hills and grass!!

craftieodmae said...

how awesome, another gorgeous card!

Lionelsa said...

It's wonderfull.

Kay S said...

Beautiful, as always, Theresa. Can't wait to get my Farm Life set -- it was shipped, so maybe today or tomorrow!

AGohl said...

Beautiful card!

Becky said...

Girl this is gorgeous..