Monday, September 20, 2010

Pink Wildflowers

Hello and happy Monday! On my card today, I combined Melanie's new set, Wild At Heart, with an old favorite, A Year Of Flowers.

I inked up the large background image, from Wild At Heart, with Memento Angel Pink, then used my Memento Rose Bud marker to add some shading to the flowers and the outside line. Then I stamped it directly onto my Pure Luxury White card base. 

 I stamped the flower, from A Year of Flowers, using Memento Rose Bud ink.

Some subtle coloring with RV23 and Y17 in the center. 

I used a Copic atyou Spica glitter pen and went over all the lines of the image. It added a lot of sparkle, but unfortunately doesn't show up in the photos. I colored two more flowers and cut them out. 

Cut a circle with Nestabilities and sponged with Memento Angle Pink & Rose Bud while still in the die. 

I added the circle with Pop Dots, then tied the ribbon. The flowers were all adhered over the ribbon with Pop Dots.

I made it to the top of the mountain on Saturday and thought I would share a few pics. The mountain is called Shasta Bally, located in the Whiskeytown National Recreation Area. The summit is 6200 feet. We started out at about 4000 feet and the trail was a little over 13 miles round trip.

 We explored around a bit once we reached the top and Mike took this photo

There were a lot of neat rock outcroppings. 

This is looking out over Redding, where I live. The water in the center is the Sacramento River.

And here is a view of one arm of Whiskeytown Lake, my favorite place to kayak.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a fun day!

8 comments:

Janice M said...

Love your card done in Pinks!! Gorgous photos from your hike.

Sue said...

Hi Theresa
gorgeous card as always, congrats on getting up that mountain, well worth it ofr the veiw, stunning piccies, sue,xx

Valerie said...

Wow that was a long hike and half of it uphill! You must be in great shape. Your card is wonderful

sandyh said...

great card...well put together as always!
nice views! i'm in sacramento, so i know right where you are! you must be in pretty good shape!
sandyh

Marian said...

Beautiful card!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Stunning.....and so very elegant...love it!

Banu said...

I was so impressed by this card that I had to CASE it, here is my card based on your card here.

http://stampingwithpassion.blogspot.com/2010/09/otwc25-pink-wild-flowers.html

Thanks again for all the awesome inspiration on your blog.

Betty Neville said...

Gorgeous card Theresa! Love the pinks and the wonderful layers!

Great photos! So majestic! Don't think I would have made it up that mountain - note to self, must get in shape one day :)