Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Flamingo Fun

Hello. Here is an Aloha card I made a while back and am just getting around to sharing.

I used Copic markers to color, starting with YR000 to fill in all over.

Added R83.

Added RV23.

Then added RV25.

For the legs and beak, I used YR02.

I used my Versa Mark pen to fill in the entire image. so my embossing powder would have something to stick to. Then I heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

I cut a circle to use as a mask and then sponged Memento Angel Pink around it.

Then sponged Memento Rose Bud from the edges.

Somewhere along the line I lost a few photos, but I used the scrap I cut the circle from and used it as a mask to sponge the sun. I sponged with Memento Cantaloupe and Tangelo.

I masked the top portion with sticky notes and sponged more Memento Rose Bud.

I added some ripples in the water with RV23 and an opaque white gel pen.

I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and Lemon Drop. The card base is Passionate Pink.

Thanks for visiting. I hope you have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh! This is lovely!!! I love all the softness and the water texture! Pretty in pink too! :D

ZÉ ROBERTO said...

Hi Theresa!
I loved their work, are very creative and very original.
Visit my blog.
Greetings from Brazil.
Roberto

Queen Mary said...

Theresa, I love this flamingo! I do have a question about the missing photos though -- did you sponge right over the flamingo or is she embossed? Anyway, she's gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Another brilliant demo, with a fabulous end result! xxx