Saturday, April 2, 2011

Wings and Joy

Hello!  We are finally enjoying a bit of spring around here and I am loving it. My card today is for the new color challenge at StampTV and uses images from Warm With Love

The colors this week are Creme De Menthe, Wild Lilac and Black Onyx. You can find the challenge here at StampTV. One random participant will win a free Gina K stamp set. 

I started by sponging Memento New Sprout.

Then sponged Memento Lulu Lavender from the opposite direction.

Darkened the green by sponging Memento Bamboo Leaves.

Then darkened the lavender by sponging Memento Grape Jelly.

I stamped the grass several times, using Memento Bamboo Leaves, stamped off first to make it lighter.

Then stamped the grass more, this time with the Bamboo Leaves ink full strength.

I stamped the butterfly on different cardstock, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I used Copic markers to color, starting with V06.

Added V04.

Added V000.

Then I added Y17 along the outside and used a blender pen to let the yellow bleed closer to the lavender. After coloring, I cut out the images, trimming away the legs and antennae, since those are a bit too delicate to cut closely.

I wanted the legs and antennae to show up on the card, so I inked up the images again to stamp directly on the background. I lined up the legs of the butterfly with a line on my acrylic block, so I would know just were to stamp to make it look like the butterfly was landing on a blade of grass.

Here you can see after I stamped the butterfly on the background. After stamping, I adhered the cut out butterfly to the background butterfly, using Pop Dots.

I used my Scor-Buddy to add some decorative scoring to the card base.

I layered the sentiment with Pure Luxury Wild Lilac and layered the bacground with Creme De Menthe, Black Onyx and Wild Lilac.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Kristie W. said...

This is gorgeous! You do amazing work with sponges! I love the purple and green together :) Have a great day!

Angela Toucan said...

beautiful

Luv 2 Create said...

So glad you do tutorials with your postings. Your work is amazing. I was noticeing how you cut your stamps out. Looks like you have the same problem that I do. They never cut evenly. I really like the ones that are pre-cut better.
Gorgeous card. Love the colors.
Marcie

kellyisascrapdiva said...

What a stunning card!