Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Split Background Tags

Hello! I posted the winner for the prize I offered last week, but I think some of you may have missed  it between posts. Here is a link to the post in case you didn't see it. I haven't heard from the winner yet. I also haven't heard who the winner of the twitter contest is, but my fingers are still  crossed for Camp Cocker (I think it's a long-shot though).

And now a bit about my tags. I was wanting to make some Christmas tags with sponged backgrounds, but thought it would take too long to do them all individually, so I made a large sponged background, then divided it up into four pieces before finishing them up.

I started with a piece of Pure Luxury White cut to 3 1/2 by 6 inches, then sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink at the top. 

Sponged Memento Desert Sand all around the edges, concentrating a bit more heavily at the top. 

I cut some sticky notes into curves to mask the bottom, then sponged more Memento Desert Sand ink. 

Used more curvy sticky notes and sponged more Desert Sand ink. 

With all the masks in place, I stamped the trees, from Follow Your Dreams, using Memento Rich Cocoa. I stamped a few extra times without re-inking to make some of the trees appear more distant. 

Removed the top masks and stamped the trees again,  stamping off on scratch paper, to make them lighter. 

I removed  the mask, but then decided I had too much blank space at the bottom, so I put the masks back, positioned lower, and sponged a bit more Desert Sand, to create a few more snow banks. 

I removed the masks cut the background into 1 1/2 inch sections. 

Then sponged Memento Rich Cocoa around the edges. 

Stamped the deer,  from Life Is Good, with Rich Cocoa. 

Stamped the sentiment, from Holiday Greetings, also with Rich Cocoa. 

I used my W3 Copic marker to add some shadows under the trees and deer.

I layered with Pure Luxury Lipstick Red and Tan Leather.

Thanks for visiting. I hope you have a wonderful day!


13 comments:

Joan V said...

These are so beautiful and great for the guys in my family. Thanks for the tutorial.

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous tags, Theresa!

Dina Kowal Creative said...

Love these!! Gorgeous results on each one, and I love the mass prod step! Awesome.

Tammie Edgerton said...

What a great idea to do the whole sheet at one time before cutting to size!

Marian Garcia, Studio M said...

I love this, very clever. TFS!

xo, Marian

Ravengirl said...

What a great time saving idea! Your tags look fabulous!

Colorado Crafter said...

These are beautiful!! And what a great idea to make the tree scene and then cut it into strips for finishing. Fantastic!!

Jan Castle said...

Absolutely Beautiful!!!! TFS
Jan

Valerie said...

These look awsome, a good idea to do more than one at once, I would really like to try and do this.

Julie said...

Awesome work as usual! Thanks for sharing!

richardbreaks said...

GORGEOUS! Thanks for the tutorial.

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Absolutely Gorgeous...... love this look and I will have to give it a try now! Thanks for your tutorial

Unknown said...

How beautiful! Just the inspiration I needed. Thanks for sharing. :)