Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Happy Old Mail Boxes Tutorial

Hello there! Here is a card I made for the Gina K release party last week, using my new set, Country Roads.

I started by stamping the mailboxes with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

I stamped the mailboxes on a sticky note and cut it out to make a mask, and placed it over the mailboxes on my card stock. Then I stamped the small tree using Memento Gray Flannel ink.

I removed the mask and colored with Copic markers, beginning with C1 and C5 on the first mailbox.

Then N3 and N5 on the second.

I used B93 and B95 on the third mailbox.

And W1 and W3 on the last mailbox.

For the posts, I filled in with W3 and E33, then used W5 to shade.

For the tree, I filled in with YG21.

Added dots with YG95.

Added dots with YG97.

Added dots with G24.

For the trunk, I filled in with E25 and used E29 to shade.

I used Spellbinders Circle Nestabilities to cut out the image, then sponged Memento Summer Sky ink while still in the die template.

Sponged MEmento Desert Sand at the bottom.

I colored in the grass with YG93 and used W3 & W5 to add shadows under the tree and mailboxes.

I made the card base 4 ¼ by 5 ½ inches, using Pure Luxury Sandy Beach card stock. I stamped the silhouette grasses using Memento Bamboo Leaves, then spritzed Tattered Angels Leapfrog Glimmer Mist. 

I cut a strip of Fresh Asparagus card stock and used my Scor-Buddy to add decorative score lines.

I adhered the sentiment and image layer using Pop Dots and rounded the corners on the card base.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!


10 comments:

Jennie said...

Lovely card Theresa and love how you used the mist!!

Lepistocha said...

I love all your cards!!!!

Kreativmonster said...

Great card and great tutorial,too!

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful card. I love how you make your tree look so full with your coloring technique.

Rosy Newlun said...

Hi, Theresa,
I'm such a fan of your techniques. Your coloring of the tree, and the fade away tree shadow are so realistic! Love that spritz, too! Take care <3

Cindi Hall said...

You are soooooooo talented. I never thought I could use vellum to put a greeting on the front! I also like the masking technique.

Sharon Harnist said...

What a gorgeous tree you created behind your mailboxes, T -- LOVE it!!

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful card your color
tec is wonderful have learned a lot from you thank you
vanda

Far North said...

Beautiful color techniques. Many thanks for sharing!

pitchoune said...

lovely card, A+