Monday, March 18, 2013

Flowers, Dots & Tags Tutorial

Hello there! Here is a card I made for the last Gina K Designs release party. I used images from three different stamp sets, A Year of Flowers 2, Lots of Dots and All Occasion Tags 2.

To start, I stamped a flower image, from A Year of Flowers 2, on white card stock and began coloring with my Y21 Copic marker.

Added Y17.

For the petals I started with R05.

Added RV23.

Then filled in with RV21. After coloring, I cut out the flowers.

Next, I cut a circle with Spellbinders™Circle Nestabilities and sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink while still in the die template.

I stamped a stem and leaf on the right,  then used a mask to cover the first leaf before stamping the stem and leaves on the left.

I removed the mask and began coloring with YG03.

Then filled in with YG95.

On white card stock, I stamped one of the tag images, from All Occasion Tags 2, using Memento Rose Bud ink.

Then I used sticky notes to mask off the frame and sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink. After sponging, I removed the mask, stamped the sentiment and cut out the tag.

For the card base (4 ¼ by 5 ½ inches), I used Pure Luxury Jelly Bean card stock and stamped the dot image, from Lots of Dots, using Pear Tart ink.

I adhered the background, flowers and tag, using 3D Foam Squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L. I added eyelets to the tag before assembling and threaded a ribbon through them. The pretty sheer ribbon is part of the Gina K Color Companions collection.


Thanks for the visit. I hope your week is off to a fabulous start!

5 comments:

Betty Benton said...

I'm not anonymous and I'm actually commenting on your card!! Love those beautiful flowers on that soft sponged circle! Gorgeous!

Nancy said...

Theresa....you never cease to amaze me! This card blows my mind at it's beauty! I Pinned it to share with the world...hope you don't mind!

Dianne said...

Beautiful background you created and beautiful coloring on the flowers, your such a doll for giving us your great tutorials to help some of us to color:):) have a great day

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Theresa- this is so beautiful!!! Love it!

Jan said...

Beautiful! So pretty also. thx.