Monday, January 26, 2009

Best Fishes

Happy Monday! Here is another card I shared at the Gina K release party last week, but hadn't shown on my blog. I used the new Best Fishes set and the new digi paper, Sweet as Sugar.

I stamped the seahorse on the lighter yellow digi paper and the fish on the red, then cut them out. I added just a bit of shading on the seahorse with my Copic markers and used my aqua painter and a little bleach to add highlights to the fish scales.

The starfish and seaweed were stamped on Gina K Pure Luxury card stock, colored with Copics and cut out. The background was sponge. Some layers were cut with my Labels One nestabilities and circle nestabilities. Finally, I used my Stardust Glitter pen to add some shimmer to the images.

Thanks for coming by today. I'll be back tomorrow with a tutorial on those little candy holders I showed during the release party. Have a great day!

9 comments:

Lee said...

Oh and this is just soooo colorful and sweet!!! A true underwater treat for the eyes!!! I hope my new stuff gets here soon!!!!

Anonymous said...

These guys are so cute!!! My mailman is being super slow today....and I can't wait to get my new stuff so I can play.

Shirley said...

This is just precious~! Your whole card is beautiful and fun too!

Cat Tidwell said...

Beautiful colors Theresa! What an awesome card! I bet it really sparkles more IRL too! Ug, cant wait to payday to order my stamps! LOL!

6 wacky women said...

Adorable card, Theresa.
Love the rich colors, great layout too.

Oh by the way....I have TAGGED you.
Go to my blog for the details.

Karen x

Tracey said...

This is just adorable Theresa!

Elena said...

I love these cute sea critters! Absolutely adorable, Theresa! And your coloring is so very beautiful!!!

Jamie Martin said...

Super cute card, the popped up fish are a great idea.

Michele Kovack said...

This is absolutely adorable!!! Love the little scene you created here!