Saturday, April 11, 2009

Bright Spring Morning

Good morning! I made this card today for the inspiration challenge at SCS found here. I chose this image for my inspiration piece. I love the irises from Gina K's Elegant Flowers stamp set. The set is part of the stampTV Floral Frenzy kit for now, but when the next kit comes out in May, this set, plus the other from the kit, will be released for individual sale.

I also used some new digital papers that are part of a set called Springtime in Paris, from Jessica's new online stamp-a-stack class kit. These papers are only available, as a bonus, to students who take the class.

Here are a few details about my card...

I stamped the image with Memento ink on the right and on the left, I just inked up a portion of the stamp.

colored the images with Copic markers. For the yellow, I used Y15 and for the lavender I used V01, V04, V06 and V15.

For the leaves and stems, I used YG95 and YG03.

Then I used a Versa Mark pen over the images and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

Next, I masked off the top portion and sponged some Bashful Blue and Ballet Blue.

Then sponged some Certainly Celery and Old Olive.

Used post-its and sponged some more Bashful Blue.

Next I used post-its to mask bottom portion and sponge So Saffron, Bashful Blue and Ballet Blue.

I used a Copic marker, YG93, in a sweeping motion to make some grass.


Here is a close up of the finished card. I layered it with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and the Springtime in Paris digital paper. The card base is Pure Luxury White base weight.

Thanks for coming by today! I am here at my sister's house and we are going to stamp all day. I hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend.

32 comments:

Sue said...

Oh wow a stunning card its beautiful, gorgeous colours, thank you for the tutorial, have great weeekend, sue.x

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

What a gorgeous card! Amazing coloring! have great weeekend.
Elena

lasona said...

This is just absolutely stunning, I have irises that look very much like the ones you have brought life to on paper. Beautiful and beyond..God Bless

Chelsea said...

This is gorgeous!

I am slowly starting up a copic collection ... can you share with us what are your "must have" copic colors. I'd be very interested in knowing.

Stampin_melissa said...

Stunning! I love how you used your masks. I doubt I could get my grass to look anything like yours!

Casmiles said...

What a beautiful card! Imagine my disappointment when I read that you made the grass with a sweeping motion (I was waiting to see what stamp that was)!!! I tried doing little grass whisps on my own just this week and they looked like anything BUT grass...Happy Easter!

Anna (Siberian Stamper) said...

Paradise found... You are an amzing artist, Theresa!!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful card, Theresa. I loved how you used your masks to get the water/horizon effect. Easter Blessings wished to you and your family. Gail S.

Sandy Knecht said...

Beautifully done! You are forcing me to buy this set.

Rhonda Langley said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love how you made your water feature and grass in the background.

Patti J. said...

This is just beautiful. I feel like I'm staring at the real thing! Happy Easter good friend!

Jan Castle said...

Beautiful!!!!
Jan Castle

Toni K said...

Gorgeous! Love it!

Cat Tidwell said...

Can I come sit in the middle of your card plz? LOL! GORGeous! Its storming again here today in TX, yuk!

Have fun with Brenda, it is her right? I visited mine yesterday, didnt get any stamping done, but we went to Michelle's from Stampers Dream and I got to meet her and bought a thing or two, lol.

lisa808 said...

Wow!!! Gorgeous card. Irises are one of my favorite flowers. You really made tem 'come to life.'

Elena said...

Very beautiful scene you created!!!
Enjoy your time with family!
Happy Easter!!!

Melanie said...

gorgeous landscape
your plans sounds heavenly! :)
have a great day!

Lee said...

OH MY!!!! Theresa this is another card of yours that totally takes my breath away!!!!

6 wacky women said...

Just gorgeous, Theresa.
Such an amazing scene you have created.
I love it!!

Karen x

doreen said...

beautiful, i love your cards
greets doreen

Elaine said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks for the tutorial; I'm gonna try to CASE, if you don't mind!

Pop's Cards said...

I love the way you explain everything you do, you are very insporing, your card is amazing as always, hugs Pops x

redwasher1 said...

Theresa This is absolutely beautiful!!

craftimamma said...

Oooh I missed this post Theresa and it's gorgeous. I love irises and you have used them so cleverly on this card.

Lesley Xx

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This is SO stunning! It's so great to see the steps that go into such a work of art. LOVE the softness you achieve. :O)

Karen K. said...

Theresa- what an awesome card! Hope you don't mind if I try this. You are so talented. Thank you for sharing. Karen K.

Suzan Carol said...

Theresa your card is gorgeous you are talented I will try and make one to see if I got your tech. thank you for sharing

Tina said...

This is just STUNNING!!! I love it! Great job!

AKiteFlier said...

Ok Theresa,
What can I say that hasn't been said already? All the adjectives are used up so I can just say DITTO to all of the comments ahead of mine - I want to come sit with you while you sponge - you do SUCH an amazing job with it. WOWZERS.

Cindy Grantham said...

Absolutely magnificent! Love the design, the colors, the images. I Love it All!!! Can't wait to get my kit to try it!

All the best!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous, I just love this flower and the colors are awesome.

Linda said...

It is a beautiful card. I use the same stamp on a lot of items. What brand of ink did you stamp with your sponge?? You didn't mention the copic's so I assume it was a different ink.