Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Gina K Prevew Day2 - Bug Me Anytime and Arranged With Love

But Me Anytime - Illustrated by Nina Brackett

Thank you for all the wonderful comments and congrats you left yesterday! It just makes my day to read them! Today I am previewing two new sets that will be released Thursday from Gina K Designs.

First up is Bug Me Anytime, illustrated by Nina Bracket. This set is filled with so many cute and fun images. Nina also designed two digital paper packs to go with this set and you are going to love those, too!

I colored the images with Copic markers, then used my Quickie Glue Pen and Doodlebug Glitter to add some sparkle. To assemble the card, I cut out all the images and arranged them on a sponged background. I used So Saffron, Apricot Appeal, Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose to sponge with.

Did you see I sewed a border around my layers? Gina posted the latest StampTV video and she shows you how to sew on your cards in this week's episode. Isn't that awesome!


Arranged With Love - Illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger


Next up is a stamp set that I am so excited about. Last year, Melanie Muenchinger illustrated one of my all time favorite stamp sets, A Year of Flowers. I was lucky enough to be her guest designer for that month and after using it, I told her that everyone should have that set in their stamping arsenal.

Well, now Melanie has come up with the perfect companion set to A Year of Flowers. It's called Arranged With Love and it features a large background stamp, with the flowers already arranged perfectly around a frame. There are 10 sentiments that fit perfectly (and easily) into the frame, allowing you to customize the stamp for nearly any occasion.

The large background stamp is perfectly proportioned to fit the standard 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 card (half an 8 1/3 by 11 sheet of cardstock), with a bit left over for borders.

I decided to do something a little different to show you how versatile the large flower stamp is. I made this picture card by just using a portion of the stamp, to create a border on two sides of my card.

I have the details posted below, but now how about some inspiration from our design team?


Gina, Carolyn, Cathy, Cindy, Donna, Emily, Erika, Jessica, Kurtis, Lee, Lynn, and Melanie
and, be sure to check out our CenterStage Spotlight girls joining us in Previews today: Carla Suto and Melisa Waldorf

Melanie has also asked some guest designers helping to preview her set this month: Selma Stevenson, Denise Marzec and Dawn Lusk

Release Party Details: Join us here in our forum on this thread-Thursday, June 25th from 7-10 PM Central Time for all the fun! Then at 10 PM central time, we will release the 6 new stamp sets, new Pure Luxury card stock and some great new accessories! Gina will be giving away lots of freebies too, including templates and digital paper! We hope you'll come and party with us!

And now the details...

To made my photo card, I started by stamping the large flower image from Arranged With Love. Then I cut out the bottom and right side, creating a corner flower border. I used Copic markers to color. For the roses, I used Y23, Y17 and my blender pen.

I colored the purple flowers (I think they are called Lisianthus) I used V04, V06 and my blender pen.

I used G05, YG03 and YG05 on the Lisianthus leaves and YG03, YG93, YG95 and YG99 on the Rose leaves.

To assemble the frame, I first cut a piece of Pure Luxury Ivory cardstock to 3 3/4 by 5 inches. Then I used my circle nestabilities die to cut a circle where I wanted it. To cut the black layer, I started with an over sized piece of Pure Luxury Black Onyx cardstock. Then I cut the circle using one size smaller nestablities circle cutter. Then I lined up the circles from ivory layer and black layer and used the ivory as a guide for cutting the black.

Here are the three pieces assembled together.

Since it is a photo card, the recipient may want to remove the card later, so I only used adhesive on three sides, leaving the left side clean, to be able to slide the photo into place.

And here it is finished. I added some piercing around the border on the ivory layer and embellished the corner using my EK Success Curved Corner punch. My cardbase is Certainly Celery from SU.

This was a fun project to make. Wouldn't this be a great way to present special photos of your child to her grandparents?

Thank you so much for visiting. I hope you have a wonderful day!

31 comments:

Lee said...

Ohhh that pink buggie scene is just so precious!!! I love that stitching!! I have to bust out my new Janome and practice!! And wow!! Breathtaking what you did with Mel's stamp!!!!!

Melanie said...

peekaboo!! I just love that cutout thansk for showing everone how to do it and the window! gorgeous coloring as always, you rock!!!!

Your Nina card has me singing "The Bugaloos" :) :D

Becky said...

This cutout is awesome, would never have thought to do that, and the snail and butterfly is just adorable.

Sunshine said...

I love how you have demonstrated another way to use Melanie's new stamp!! I just love it! Your colouring is always so spectacular! When I grow up I wanna colour just like you!!!

Cheers!

Sunshine :)

Moni said...

Waw fab cards, and love the frame adn the pic! Hugs, moni

Louise said...

wow fab to both,love the colours you have chose and your colouring is beautiful

lisa808 said...

Oh Theresa, I just love what you created with Melanie's new stamp!

asela said...

Great samples! Love the cut out.

Cat Tidwell said...

Oh these both are so fantastic Theresa! LOVE the bugs, too cute!! and you STITCHED, woohoo!! It is the perfect touch here!

And what you did with the flowers, LOVE it, what an utterly creative idea! Of course, the coloring ROCKS!!

Carolyn King said...

ohhhh that bug card is just adorable...love it with all your classic sponging! And I LOVEEEEEE what you did with the flowers set. That is an awesome idea and I love the picture popped in there! You rock-ith!

Dawn said...

first off..you bug card is just darling

and AWESOME what you did with Arranged!!! what a fab idea and beautiful to boot!

slbt17 said...

thank you for all the tips - these cards are wonderful - love the colors - love your creativity - love them!
Thank you!
Sandra

Carla S. said...

Your cards are amazing, Theresa! The Bug Me card is just darling! And I LOVE what you did with Melanie's set! Fantastic coloring and great idea to add the photo!

Tammy said...

I am just in awe of your talent. I REALLY LOVE what you did with the Arranged with Love. That is just gorgeous!!! Your bug me is adorable too! I'm off to check out "A Year of Flowers" now!!!

Jennie said...

Beautiful photo card! Love the way you designed this card! Cute little buggy card too. Fabulous designs Theresa!

Lisa H. said...

gorgeous work! love, love, love it! thanks for sharing your tips on how this came together.

Denise Marzec said...

Love Love LOVE how you made a frame out of Melanie's flowers. I GOTTA try that!! Your mushroom card is SUPER cute too....your sponging brings in so much light to the image. I've been scrolling through your blog...you've got SERIOUS talent. Love everything you do!

Kurtis said...

Theresa, YOU ARE INCREDIBLE!! Who would of thought of making a frame with just part of the flowers?! Fantastic.

Unknown said...

You are amazing, Theresa!! I adore both of your projects so much - but I really LOVE how you showed how to cut around the flowers for a frame... how perfect!!!!!!! Great job!

Elena said...

The frame you created is a piece of an art, Theresa! And I love the cute little scene you created on your first card! Your sewing looks so pretty!

Tina said...

How beautiful are both your cards!!! OMGosh that cut out is wonderfully perfect!!!! Wow.. I can see lots of Grandma and Grandpa gifts coming from this! GREAT job, as always, Theresa! You rock everything you put your hands on girl!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, as always! Love the shading on the first one, and the way you cut out the images on the second! FANTASTIC!!! :)

Lynn Mercurio said...

FANTASTIC Theresa! Your Bug me Anytime card is awesome...such great colors and a wonderful design layout.

I'm so impressed with the way you used the Arranged with Love set. It's a fantastic way to get more mileage from this wonderful collage of flowers.

Selma said...

You just amaze me with all your creativity. Everything you do is so beautiful. Your photo frame is gorgeous and that bug card is fantastic!!!

Anita said...

Wow! I love how you showed you made your fantastic card! TFS!

Stampin_melissa said...

Oh Theresa, both these cards are jaw dropping! Thanks for sharing the tutorial. I just love to see how you create!

Tracey said...

Gorgeous cards Theresa! The bugs are adorable and the photo card is fantastic!

Patti J. said...

You just outdo even yourself every single time you sit down and pick up a stamp! Girl, these are just awesome! Love them both... Thanks for sharing the wonderful tutorial too! You rock - you really do!

Chelsea said...

absolutely gorgeous!!! love what you did to isolate only some of the flowers in the frame.

Lori said...

Just beautiful!

Marimer said...

Gran trabajo y tutorial, increiblemente creativo, gracias.
Saludos desde Tenerife