Monday, July 20, 2009

Pink Butterfly

Happy Monday! Here is the other VSN card I made on Friday. I only wound up doing two of the challenges. I got interrupted when my DH came home and the challenges were all posted by the time I got back. You can play all weekend during VSN, but I really like to play along, as the challenges are posted, and get them completed and uploaded to my gallery, before the next one is up.

This challenge was to use the colors pink, green, black and white. I used Take Flight, Tropical Flowers and Tag Lines (all from Gina K) on my card. Here are the details...

Sponged Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose on the top and left side.

Sponged Certainly Celery and Old Olive on the bottom and right. Then stamped some flowers and foliage using Regal Rose and Old Olive (stamped off once) ink.

I used Copics to color. I used RV21, RV23, RV25 and RV29. Then I cut out the image.

After adding the butterfly to the back ground panel, I decided It needed some darker foliage, so I stamped a bit more using black this time. The sentiment was stamped and then cut using my SU Word Window punch. Layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and White, on a Regal Rose (SU) card base.

Thanks for visiting. I hope you have a wonderful day!

10 comments:

Tracey said...

Gorgeous! Love the pink!

Marimer said...

Precioso trabajo y tutorial. Es una maravilla lo que se aprende contigo.Saludos

Anonymous said...

Every time I visit your blog, you amaze me. You are such a talented stamper. Thanks for all of the inspiration!

Sue said...

Another work of art hun, stunning creation, luv what you do, sue.x

Tina said...

So very pretty!! I'm gonna do this... just totally CASE one of your cards so I can see if I can sponge just ONE time!!!! LOL Your sponging is just gorgemous!

craftimamma said...

I love pink and green together and butterflies are my favourites too so that goes to make this a beautiful card for me ........ but then your cards always are beautiful Theresa.

Lesley Xx

Deb Neerman said...

Gorgeous, Theresa!! LOVE the pinks ... and the pink butterfly is so unique!

PS: Yup, the striptease thingie is the sentiment ...

Risa said...

Your card is beautiful! Your sponging technique is awesome and the butterfly is stunning!
hugs
Risa:)

Banu said...

Beautiful card. As Tina said, I need to CASE one of your cards completely so that I can see if I can sponge as well :D.......

I also liked this idea of coloring a little outside the butterfuly so that when I cut it out it does not have the white edge to it. Awesome. Everytime I visit your blog, I learn something new. It is always a pleasure to see your work. :)

Elena said...

So beautiful! The colors are so pretty and butterfly is so inspirational!