Sunday, December 20, 2009

Koala Hugs

Hello! I hope you all had a great weekend. I can hardly believe it is the week of Christmas already. Today I have a card to share, created using Melanie's Cuddles and Hugs stamp set.

I started with my N7 Copic marker.

Added N5.

Added N3.

Filled in with N1 and used my blender pen to push in some highlights.

I heat embossed the image, by first going over it with a Versa Mark pen, so my embossing powder would stick, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

Next I stamped one of the leaf branches from Tropical Flowers, using Vivid Olive ink, stamped off once. I used G21 and G24 Copics to add some shadows. Then I used my Versa Mark pen on the branches and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

Next, I sponged some Vivid Straw ink around the koala bears.

Sponged Vivid Wild Lyme at the top.

Sponged Vivid Tuscan Tan on the bottom.

Sponged Vivid Olive around the top edges and Vivid Coffee Bean around the bottom.

Used E31 and E57 to add some shadows below the koalas.

I layered with Chocolate Kiss, Ivory and used a Pure Luxury Fresh Asparagus for the card base. For the ivory layer, I stamped the branch and added the sentiment (from Cuddles and Hugs).

Thanks for visiting today. Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super cute Theresa! I love your color choices. So cute!

Anonymous said...

This is such a darling card, Theresa! I so enjoy "watching" the way you work through your process photos!

Merry Christmas!
Bev

Elena said...

What a cute card, Theresa! Your coloring is fantastic!