Sunday, June 6, 2010

Guest Designer - Miesje Flach

Hello! Today I am showing you some gorgeous Hope Grows cards from my guest designer, Miesje Flach. I came to know Miesje at StampTV and always love her beautiful designs and attention to detail.

The card above is one of my favorites. I love the colors, the perfect amount of contrast and great layout. Gorgeous!

Here is another favorite. I love the way Miesje added to little flowers to the branch and offset the dove to create balance. The embossed border along the bottom is the perfect touch.

I love the creative way she cuddled these two owls. Perfect for the hugs & kisses sentiment. The way she stamped the branch on the card base is the such a wonderful compliment to the gorgeous DP.

I asked Miesje to share a little about herself...

How long have you been stamping and how did you get started?

I started stamping 10 years ago. One of my fellow teachers was a Stampin Up demo and kept after me to come to SU party. I fought it and fought it until I needed to help make a scrapbook for my in-laws 60th wedding anniversary and asked my friend to help me make my page great! That was the beginning of the spiral into the wonderful world of stamping. For most of those years I only copied what I saw others do and then made 5 or more of the same card.

Then everything changed for me when I discovered StampTV almost a year ago. I stumbled upon challenges and realized that I could actually come up with my own ideas AND other people actually thought they were good and left comments. I was hooked and still am. I now even feel confident enough to enter challenges on other sites. My most wonderful moments was the first time I won a challenge on StampTV – being asked as guest designer for Stampin Sisters in Christ for May and June and Guest Designer for Theresa!


What are your favorite kinds of projects/techniques?

Making cards is my favorite thing to do. I love to cut and layer and make my stamped projects look like the have 3D elements. I also like to use designer paper of all kinds.


How do you overcome loss of mojo?

That is always my biggest fear: that I will not be able to come up with a new looking card. I was really worried about whether or not I could come up with 4 different cards using the same stamp set! Last night I made my 5th and have another thought floating around in my brain. When I am really stuck I just color some images and lay them on the table with some DP packs and see works together. I also like to look at different sketches.

Which tools do you reach for first?

Nestibilities – the few Copics I have – my sharp Cutterbee scissors


What or who inspires you in your crafting?

The gallery on StampTV and all the blogs I like to frequent. I also love Splitcoast Stampers to browse around in.


What do you "know now that you wish you knew then" about stamping?

I wish I had not been afraid to try my own layouts and designs. I also wish I would have been more willing to post my cards – not hesitated about them being good enough to share.

Thank you, Miesje, for sharing your wonderful talent using Hope Grows!



Miesje made another card to show you on her blog. You can see it here and be sure to check out her StampTV gallery here.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great day!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

beautiful projects from Miesje! She has is so talented, what a great choice!

kksb said...

All three of these cards are lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Love the cards and thanks for sharing your talent and how you get going.