Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Gina K Designs Previews Day 4

It's Day 4 of the Gina K Designs previews and we have two more fabulous stamp sets to show you today! This first set is the new Free With Three set that comes for free if you order three stamp sets. It's called You Are Not Alone and contains two beautiful silhouette images, embedded in a circle frame, just perfect for using with your Nestabilities. The sentiments in this set are so touching.

Next up is Lean On Me. I love the wonderful silhouette images in this set! So perfect for a variety of techniques. More details on both cards below.

For more samples with the stamp sets being previewed tonight, please check out these participating designer's links:
You are invited to join us for our Release party tomorro night, August 26 from 7-10 central time for contest questions, challenges, and chatter along with tons more samples!  The party leads up to the new products featured this week on our blogs being available for purchase online through GinaK Designs at 10 pm.  See you there for all the fun!

Both cards today were pretty CAS, so, since there weren't many photos, I'm including them all.

For the top card, I started by stamping the image with Stazon Black ink and heat embossing it with clear embossing powder. I used Nestaiblities to cut a circle from a Post-it Note, to make a mask. I placed the maske, centered over the image. 

Sponged with Memento Angel Pink ink.

Sponged Memento Rose Bud.

Sponged Memento Grape Jelly. After sponging, I used the next size circle Nestabilities to cut out the image.

I layered the focal image with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and used a heavy base weight white card base. I used big scallop rectangles to cut the black scallop border and added a ribbon. Next came the sentiment and scoring along the bottom.

For the Lean On Me card, I started by inking up one of the flower images with Memento Angel Pink. Then using Memento Rose Bud, I inked around the edges. Finally, I inked up just the very edges with Memento Rhubarb Stalk. I repeated the process for a second, smaller flower.

After stamping the flowers, I stamped them again on scratch paper and cut them out for masks. I placed them on the original stamped flowers and then stamped the branch, several times, with Memento New Sprout ink.

Added a bit of shading to the branches with my YG23 Copic marker.

I stamped the sentiment, then added a thin black frame line, using my Tuxedo Black Memento Marker and a ruler. I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and used a Passionate Pink card base. I stamped the branch to peek out at the bottom, using Memento Rose Bud ink, then added a row of piercing.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!

19 comments:

Pat Gasko said...

Ooooooh these cards are Fantastic. Love the coloring.

Suzanne J Dean said...

As always stunning!

hugz,
Suzanne

Toni said...

Really beautiful.

Valerie said...

Love having your instructions but you lost me on placing the mask over the center and sponging with the different colors.

Kary said...

Theresa, both your cards are so pretty. I love the colours and the simplicity of them.

papertrails leaver said...

Both these are lovely cards! I like florals on the second.

Betty Neville said...

Beautiful cards Theresa! Wonderful colors

Becky said...

Beautiful cards..

Cahos' Chaos said...

Wonderful work you did. Thanks for sharing and God Bless.

Diana
b4ustamp.blogspot.com

Lee said...

Ohhh wow!!! Just stunning Theresa!! I sooooo love that fabulous pink bow!!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous cards, Theresa! I love the colors and the beautiful pink bow!

Anonymous said...

Sweet web site, I had not come across craftingtheweb.blogspot.com before in my searches!
Carry on the fantastic work!

Cat Tidwell said...

Oh so gorgeous T! Love your colors on both of these!

Katherine said...

Gorgeous cards. I especially like the you are not alone card.

Erika Martin - Stampin' Mama said...

Great techniques! You always have the best tutorials!

Miesje said...

Your work always amazes me - each one different and unique and exquisite!

Melanie said...

the black scallops are beautiful!
lovely maskign and beautiful framing!

Unknown said...

You are so talented, Theresa. You never cease to impress me. And I so appreciate your tutorials. I learn something each time I read your posts. Then I can't wait to try it. I could go on and on but space will not allow. Thanks so much for sharing. Hugs and have a wonderful weekend. :o)

Sergei said...

Such a cute card. Love the embossing you did.