Friday, December 17, 2010

Pinkatude


**Please visit this post at Carolyn King's blog. You could help save the life of a sweet little girl.**

 Hello stampers! My card today is for the new color challenge at StampTV. I used the daisy flower/vase from Purrr-fectly Delightful.

The colors for this week's challenge are Bubblegum Pink, Black Onyx and White. We would love to have you join us and you could win a free Gina K stamp set.

To make my card, I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then colored with Copics, starting with RV29 at the base of the flower petals.

Added RV25.

Filled in with RV21.

I used the same three markers to color the other two flowers.

In the centers, I started with Y11.

Added some shading with Y17. After coloring, I cut out the image.

I don't know what happened to my sponging photos. Must be gremlins, because I would never accidentally delete them. ;) I can tell you what I did though.

I cut an oval using Oval Nestabilities and using my new Grand Calibur die cutting machine! That's right, Christmas came early this year. Yippy! While the paper was still in the die, I sponged Memento Angel Pink ink and then sponged just a tiny bit of Memento Rose Bud, just around the edges. I didn't want the pink of the background to compete with the pink flowers, so I kept it light.

I knew I wanted my ribbon to be under my oval, but pop out under the image, so I went ahead and layered the scallop oval, cut from Pure Luxury Black Onyx, and adhered it. Then I cut a slit in the background and put one end of the ribbon through it.

On the back, I added Pop Dots adhesive (ok, the leftover parts from Pop Dots, but that is the best part). I didn't add any under the ribbon, so I would be able to slide the ribbon after adhering the oval to the next layer.

Then I adhered the oval to a background, than I had embossed with my Birds and Vines Cuttlebug folder. I also sponged very lightly with Memento Angel Pink after embossing, so emphasize the raised portions.

So why did I go to all the trouble of adding my ribbon this way? I knew right where I wanted my bow and I couldn't quite fit it off to the side of the oval. This way the bow was tied right on the edge of the oval.

I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and used a Bubblegum Pink card base.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great weekend!

13 comments:

Nana Griffin said...

This is so lovely. Love how you did the bow and ribbon. great directions.

Tammie Edgerton said...

Pure genius! Absolutely beautiful card.

Melissa said...

Spectacular Theresa! I love it!

Sharri said...

Theresa, This is stunning!!!

Michelle Woerner said...

WOW! Theresa, this is breathtaking!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. I like your bow technique - something new (for me - to remember..).
Jean McGee

Sandy Knecht said...

Your card is fabulous

Chelsea said...

what a great card ... and having the ribbon come up through the middle is fabulous!!!

Newbie said...

Love the card! Its beautiful, and you do beautiful work in coloring! Thanks for the step by step, especially with the bow!! How did you cut around the flower stems so nicely? They look real! Thanks for sharing!

AKiteFlier said...

Whenever I need a little slice of Heaven I stop by your blog - it's guaranteed to make me sigh a deep sigh of contentment. I so love your work, T! Thanks for sharing how you did the bow too - that's a great idea. Hope your holidays are filled with joy, love, laughter and hugs.

Credit Repair Services said...

You made such a beautiful thing. There is a great creativity on it. I like your post. I like also that you posted how to made it. I am appreciated for it.

Karen said...

gorgeous colouring

DJreflections said...

This card is just lovely and the colors are perfect!