Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Peaceful Fawn

Hello! Here is a card I made for last week's sketch challenge at StampTV. I wasn't able to post it that day because we were previewing the new release sets, so here it is now. I used images from Sending Sunshine.

I colored with the fawn with Copics, starting with E19.

Added E15.

Filled in most of the way with E53.

Filled in the rest with E00, then used N5 on the nose and hooves.

I cut a circle with my Nestabilities and then sponged it with Memento Cantaloupe ink.

Sponged Memento Desert Sand

Then to make the bottom darker, I sponged Memento Rich Cocoa.

Stamped the lavender with Memento Tuxedo Black.

Colored with V06.

Filled in the flowers with V000, then used YG95 to go over the stems. I let the color extend outside of the lines on this part. Sometimes on thin stems I like this look better.

I wanted some greenery behind the fawn also, but didn't want it to show in the foreground, so I masked off the bottom with a piece of scratch paper, about were the deer would be and stamped the silhouette image, using Memento Bamboo Leaves. I stamped off the image on scratch paper first to make it appear lighter.

I cut out the deer and then attached using Pop Dots.

Used my E31 marker to add a shadow under the deer.

I cut Pure Luxury Sweet Corn using my Spellbinders Fleur De Lis pendant die and my new Grand Calibur! A few people have asked me how to remove the card stock from the Fleur De Lis die and here is what I do. I use a palette knife and slide it between the die and card stock, then gently move it back and forth to loosen the card stock. The palette knife is very thin and flexible and works great. You can find palette knives at nearly any arts and craft store and they can be very reasonable priced. An inexpensive plastic one should work fine.

I cut a piece of Ivory card stock with a die from Spellbinders Fancy Tags set and sponged Memento Desert Sand while it was still in the die.

I layered with Pure Luxury Tan Leather and Ivory and Sweet Corn for my card base. The Ivory layer was embossed with my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great day!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a sweet card! I love the step by step tutorial and all the colors that you used

Sue from Oregon said...

Very pretty! I use wax paper in my die and the paper just pops out! A trick I read on the web somewhere!

Carolina said...

This is just stunning Theresa - so worth framing!!!

Gladys R. said...

I love this card. Awesome
job.
Thanks for taking the time
to do the tutorial.

Nana Griffin said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Lovely design and adornments Theresa it is always those little touches that make a card or project extra special. Shaz in Oz.x

Gloria Dojlido said...

Just exquisite!!!!!

LivS said...

Two words - wonderful card! This is so cute!