Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Purple Mountains

Hello! Last week I came across  this photo and decided to use it as inspiration for a card.

I used circle Nestabilities to cut a circle for a mask and place it in position, then sponged Memento Lulu Lavender ink.

Then sponged Memento Grape Jelly.

I cut a mountain range from scratch paper and used repositionable tape. I place it upside down to do the reflection first, sponging with Memento Sweet Plum ink.

Then I flipped the mask and added a second mask to create the water line. I sponged Memento Grape Jelly for the mountains.

Then sponged Memento Paris Dusk.

I removed the mask and stamped the trees, from Follow Your Dreams, in the foreground with Stazon Jet Black ink.

I used my N1 and N3 Copic markers to add a tiny bit of shading at the shoreline to define it a bit.

Used my V04 Copic and white gel pen to add some ripples to the water.

I masked the water at the shoreline and used one of the tree lined bank images, from Life is Good, to stamp some trees.

I wanted more definition alone the shore, so I used my Grape Jelly Memento marker to add more shading.

I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and used a Wild Lilac card base. The sentiment is from Vogue Vases.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a fabulous day!

16 comments:

Pat said...

Wow! So incredibly beautiful!

Patti J said...

When I grow up, I wanna be you! Gorgeous card, my friend!

Cheri said...

Again, Theresa....your work is stunning! There's no other way to say it. Purple mountains -I'll add - Majesty- because it brings out that emotion.

Payne Holler Cards said...

wow wow wow
thud thud thud
wow wow wow

you get my drift! (-:
hugs
Linda

jhet said...

Gorgeous and stunning!

Luv 2 Create said...

Amazing!!!!! This just blows me away.
Marcie

Unknown said...

Jaw on the floor, eyes out on stalks!!! Fabulous work yet again! x

Becky said...

This is awesome Theresa, and I love purple :)

Ann R. said...

What all the people before me said!! Wow, wow, wow! I love ALL of your work, but this has got to be one of my favorites. How much do you charge for personal classes?? :)

Anonymous said...

so wonderful!!!!love it
Elborgi

Dagmar said...

Incredible beautiful, really stunning.

Dagmar

lisa808 said...

Spectacular!

Beth Norman said...

Goodness. This is so beautiful. The purple is a nice surprise.

Colorado Crafter said...

Such a beautiful card!! Thank you for the tutorial.

Joanne said...

WOW! I just discovered your blog today, and your work is FANTASTIC! I love your tutorials on every card, it makes it so easy for us to try to accomplish the look you have created. THANX so much! I am so happy that you were recognized in Card Maker. I have subscribed for years - CONGRATS!! Can't wait to visit often, Aloha!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely, beautiful, peaceful, impressive. Just WOW!