Monday, July 18, 2011

Whimsical Vase

Happy Monday! I have another CAS card to share with you today. I combined Whisical Wishes with Vogue Vases on this one. 

Here is a close up so you can see some of the sparkle from the Stardust Gel Pen. It's always so hard to get it to show in photos. Both wings of the dragonfly sparkle the same, but one is in shadow here.

Before I get to the details of my card I want to give a shout out to the CSS Alumni  Design Team. They have put together a fabulous blog hop featuring the Paper Piecing Technique. So for a lot of gorgeous eye candy, check out the links below...

I stamped the flower, from Whimsical Wishes, leaving the stem off since I knew I wanted to pop up the flower. I used Copics to color, starting with RV29.

Added RV25.

Then added RV21, leaving a little highlight uncolored. I used the blender pen to smooth out the highlight.

Colored the remaining petals the same way and then cut out the image.

I stamped the vase, from Vogue Vases and used Copics to color, starting with Y17.

Added Y23.

Added Y21.

Then added Y11, leaving a highlight uncolored.

I used one of the vase fillers, from Vogue Vases, stamped with Memento Cantaloupe ink, to add a little decoration to the vase. After coloring, I cut out the image.

For the dragonfly, I started with Y17.

Added Y21 and used my blender pen to soften the highlights.

Then added a little YR07 to deepen the color a bit.

Then I inked up the stem/leaves only of the flower stamp (from Whimsical Wishes) with Memento Bamboo Leaves.

I stamped the stem directly on a Pure Luxury White card base.

I used Pop Dots to adhere the vase,, flower and dragonfly to the card base and stamped the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I used Liquid Pearls for the flower center and added a satin ribbon. The corners of the card base were rounded using my EK Success corner punch. 

Thanks for visiting. I hope you have a happy day!

3 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a gorgeous CAS card!!

Pauline said...

I just love your cards. Your coloring is wonderful and a great inspiration to me.
Thank you
Pauline H.

Cheri said...

Theresa....your card is gorgeous. I love your sponging techniques - thank you for the fabulous tutorials. Thank you also, for the shout out for the blog hop. It was so loaded with inspiration.