Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Peachy Dogwood

 Hello! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. My card today used images from Dogwood and Butterfly.

I wanted a soft look, so I stamped the big flower with Memento London Fog ink. 

I colored with Copics, starting with E95. 

Then added E02. 

 Added some shadows with BV00.
I filled in the leaves with YG91 and used YG93 to shade. I totally botched the flower center with the yellow, so had to add a pearl later.  After coloring, I cut out the image.

I used circle Nestabilities to cut a piece of Pure Luxury Ivory card stock and sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink while still in the die. 

Then I sponged Memento Angel Pink. 

I stamped the silhouette branch using Memento Angel Pink and stamped the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

I layered with Pure Luxury Sweet Mango, cut using Lacey Circle Nestabilities. The Ivory layer is 3 3/4 by 3 3/4 inches and embossed with my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug flolder. The flower was attached using Pop Dots and I also added a gold lined organdy ribbon bow. The card base is Pure Luxury Sweet Mango and finished card size is 4 1/4 inches square.

13 comments:

Becky said...

Girl, have I told you I just love what you do with ink and paper???:) This is gorgeous.

Brenda said...

This is so pretty in peach!

XxJULESxX said...

Wow Teresa awesome!!

Teresa said...

Absolutely stunning card, really stands out beautifully!
Teresa xx

Debbie said...

Oh my, your card is gorgeous. Just stunning.

ednamburgess said...

Very pretty. Love the pale peach colors. Edna

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Pure elegance and beauty. Love the softness of the color. TFS

Jamie S said...

I just want to say Thank You for taking the time and trouble to show the step by step process. Your cards and coloring are beautiful.

Louise Fox said...

Theresa, I don't often post comments, but I have to tell you how much I am enjoying the Dogwood and Butterfly set. It is definitely my new favorite! Your illustrations have only enhanced the joy I am getting from this set. Thank you so much for all you do everyday to enrich the stamping world. Blessings.

lamepaw said...

FABULOUS! I can't wit to get these set! Your colors are scrumptous.
DonnaB

Sue Bridges said...

You never cease to amaze me!

Dottie Watson said...

Like everyone says "Awesome" cards. Thanx for sharing your technique in using your inks on paper. I must experiment.
Hugz, Dottie

Grace Baxter said...

Very pretty! Dogwood is one of my favourite spring flowers and I love the dimension of yours.