Monday, June 3, 2013

Weather Or Not Tutorial

Hello there! It's been a long time since I've updated my blog. Life got a bit crazy this past month and I wasn't able to craft at all, but things seem to be settling down a bit now. I'm working on a new card today and hope to have something new to show you tomorrow. In the meantime, here is a tutorial for a card I made during the last Gina K Designs release. I used images from Weather or Not.

To begin, I stamped the boot image twice, using Gina K Black Onyx ink, on a piece of Birthday Hoot pattern paper. I added some shading with my YG23 Copic marker.

Then added a bit more with YG21. After shading I cut out the boots.

Next I stamped the clouds using Gina K Black Onyx.

I began some shading of the clouds with BV13.

Then added BV11.

And finished the blending into white using BV00. After coloring, I cut out the clouds.

I used Spellbinders® A2 Matting Basics A Nestabilities to cut and emboss Pure Luxury White card stock, then sponged around the edges using Gina K Powder Blue ink.

I used Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™3D Foam Squares to adhere the boots and clouds to the background and use a few Copic markers (N5, N3) to "ground" the boots. The sentiment was stamped on a piece of white card stock and adhere to the cloud. I added a few Gina K Color Companion buttons to embellish.

Thanks for dropping by. I hope you are having a great start to your week!


1 comment:

Casmiles said...

I love this card - very cute and I like the way it fits with the sentiment - so cute (yes I'm repeating myself). Gotta get those clouds - I always forget until I see them again. Gotta sit down and do it.